Are you looking for outdoor or indoor activities to keep your children busy in Luxembourg? Looking for somewhere to go on a family outing?
Don’t forget the many Amusement parks in the country! They not only have parks and play areas but these parks and other relaxing activities for children and adults alike.
Do not forget to check out our section “Escape to the Grand Duchy”.
You will find in Luxembourg all kinds of areas and playgrounds in the municipalities called “Spillplatz”. Specially designed with slides, swings, sandboxes and other chicken cages, your children will love them! These squares for children can also be an opportunity to meet other parents.
Luxembourg-Ville has very nice parks with huge structures special for children (or older ones …). Among others :
- Monterey Park in the Ville-Haute with its huge pirate ship, its huge slide for the boldest, its swings and water games in summer
- Merl Park in the Luxembourg-Merl district also endowed with a pretty playground with a big slide,
- Kaltreis Park in Luxembourg-Bonnevoie well stocked with children’s games on the theme of space: water games, ping-pong tables or a petanque area allow you to relax, regardless of age
- Jardin Anglais in Luxembourg-Gasperich on the theme of the farm.
A bit further, discover the Orchards in Steinsel. Pick your own fruit in the rows of fruit trees ! Every year during the harvest season, the Steinsel Orchards cooperative invites fruit lovers to come and pick their own apples or mirabelles from the trees.A fun activity for the whole family, close to nature to show your children the beauty of Luxembourg’s orchards and the pleasure of picking your own apples! In addition, freshly squeezed fruit juice is offered to visitors. So don’t hesitate!
In Bridel, in the rue de Luxembourg, a sign indicates, in season, the way to the orchards. Take the opportunity to fill up with different varieties of apples at a reasonable price.
Ask in your commune, you probably have a playground nearby! You can also visit the website www.spillplaz.lu, which shows Luxembourg’s playgrounds with an interactive map.
Playgrounds and indoor activities
In case of bad weather, you also have the possibility to take your children to play in playgrounds. These indoor play structures for children are taken over, among other things for birthday parties. So if you want to go as a group, book it in advance.
Among the best known, you can choose between:
- Yoyo in Howald: huge indoor playground with an adventure/pirate theme. Gigantic slide in the middle of the attractions. Guaranteed sensations!
- ZigZag for the little ones in Bertrange: trampolines, bouncy castles, ball pool, climbing wall, mini football and basketball court
- Lasergame in Howald: laser park with shooting simulation in an indoor labyrinth on several levels, company events. Reservation required
- Jumpbox in Contern: trampolines on 800 m² for the greatest pleasure of young and old. Several trampoline tracks of more than 10 meters long to complete jumps of all kinds, a ninja course to challenge yourself or others, slam dunk baskets to score in a spectacular way, … Not forgetting of course the giant airbag and the dodgeball court for playing with friends. Non-slip socks mandatory, provided on place.
A discharge must be signed beforehand.
- Funny Mountain in Arlon (Belgium): a new climbing concept for fun from 5 to 85 years old, on nearly 30 fun and totally safe climbing routes
- Païperleksgaart – Butterflies Garden Grevenmacher: greenhouse of 600 m2 with nearly forty varieties of butterflies. Stroll through the tropical garden at 27 degrees humidity and 80% humidity. Admire all sizes and colors butterflies flying around you. Discover everything about butterflies life cycle. Visitors can observe the work of the biologist ancluding hanging of butterflies chrysalis, and also the horticulturists busy sowing or treating the aromatic plants offered for sale in the store.
- Vitarium Luxlait, discovering dairy products: the Vitarium is a very instructive and fun attraction for the whole family, offered by LUXLAIT Dairy to introduce young and old to milk and its by-products, as well as the dairy industry. Visitors follow a playful route in 45 workshops organised around nature, agriculture, the body, food, health,…Visit the production area (only by reservation), interactive stations, 3D cinema, to better understand the whole dairy industry milk workshops, etc.
Also these places provide catering on place and also organise birthday parties for children.
On a more cultural level, museums also offer good opportunities to introduce your children to new perspectives.
Why not taking advantage of the good weather for outdoor activities? Visit the amusement and leisure parks in Luxembourg. These amusement parks also offer entertainment for birthdays.
Lovers of climbing and thrills will find their happiness with the accrobranches parks and karting:
- Acropark in Heiderscheid in the Haute-Sûre Natural Park: itinerant route from 3 years old, based on ropes and wooden structures. Climbing activities are organized in age groups from 3 to 5 years old, 6 to 13 years old and over 14 years old,
- Adventure Island is located on an island in Lake Echternach and offers a tree climbing course up to 10 m high from the age of 11 (minimum 1.50 m). 70 m long zip line, a giant swing with acceleration to 70 km/h! Trampoline park and bungee trampolines (with elastics) for children,
- Indian Forets Adventure Park in the heart of the magnificent Our Natural Park. Accessible on reservation to make a tree-tree tour with 90 workshops, from 5 years old. The park offers the longest zip line in Luxembourg with a length of 375 m accessible from the age of 12! Possibility to park your car in the car park of the Château de Vianden which is located 10 minutes walk from the climbing. Take the opportunity to visit it!
- Parc Le’h located in Dudelange. 7 tree climbing courses for all levels and ages, from the bambini course for the very young (children of more or less 2, the child must know how to walk), to the thrill course at a maximum height of 17 metres for the most adventurous. One of the courses is renowned as one of the most challenging and difficult in Europe. Very good restaurant on site in the park.
- Karting track in Mondercange: fleet of 40 karts to rent for driving from 10 to 60 minutes. Children aged 8-10 can run only on Saturday & Sunday morning.
Quieter and in another mindset, do not miss :
- Park Sënnesräich in Lullange to explore your 5 senses and awaken those of your children
- the Minett Park in Fond-de-Gras to learn a little more about the mining industry in Luxembourg while having fun
- The Parc Merveilleux in Bettembourg is THE unmissable amusement park in Luxembourg which has already delighted many generations since its creation in 1956! It is indeed the only zoological park in the Grand Duchy which also offers many attractions for young and old as well as animations based on fairy tales.
Visitors can thus meet more than 200 species of animals from the 5 continents. In the forest, discover the fairy-tale animations (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cat in Boots, … ). Playgrounds will allow children to play in a giant spider’s web, to find their way through the maze, to climb in the bird’s nest, … or simply to discover the forest. In the summer, a water playground is available for refreshment.
You will also find a miniature golf course, a small train to visit the park, a “pony express”, mini-cars and a restaurant. The park offers new attractions every year.
Opening of the park during the summer season only.
Don’t forget the famous Schueberfouer, an unmissable fair in Luxembourg in August and September!
What’s On For Kids is a website where you can find out all the fun and exciting things to do with your kids in and around Luxembourg.
Every week the website compiles a new list of activities and events so you can simply choose the ones you like and go have fun !
Have you thought about scouting? A good idea to make new friends and participate in multiple activities and camps.
Spring break is coming up… Even if they are special this year because of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is nevertheless the occasion to remind what the traditional Easter holidays are and what they represent in Luxembourg. Easter is celebrated this...
How do I advance my professional career when you're in a position? When taking your professional career to the next level, there are a few levers you can pull: an advanced degree, expanded skills, more professional experience, and a larger network, to name a few. But,...
Are you between 15 and 27, studying in Luxembourg or even abroad? Then you have the opportunity to apply for a summer job in Luxembourg for a maximum of 2 months. Jobs for students and under-18s are common in Luxembourg. The communes themselves...