School calendar in Luxembourg
You want to prepare your next holidays or organize your children’s activities in extracurricular activities? Here are the official holiday dates for children attending school in Luxembourg for the school years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023.
For international or private schools in Luxembourg, please refer to the calendar provided by your school.
School year 2021 – 2022
- Pupils will return to school on Tuesday 14 September 2021 for those enrolled in the Luxembourg system
- The All Saints’ Day vacation begins on Saturday, October 30, 2021 and ends on Sunday, November 7, 2021. Basic school classes also do not have school on Friday, December 6, 2021, St. John’s Day Nicolas
- Christmas vacations begin on Saturday, December 18, 2021 and end on Sunday, January 2, 2022
- the Carnival vacation begins on Saturday, February 12 and ends on Sunday, February 20, 2022
- Easter vacations begin on Saturday, April 2 and end on Monday, April 18, 2022
- the Pentecost vacation begins on Saturday, May 21 and ends on Sunday, May 29, 2022
- Summer vacation begins on Saturday, July 16, 2022 and ends on Wednesday, September 14, 2022.
School year 2022-2023
- The first day of school will be Thursday, September 15, 2022. The school year will end on Friday, July 14, 2023
- The All Saints’ Day holidays will start on Saturday 29 October 2022 and end on Sunday 6 November 2022
- No classes on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, St. Patrick’s Day. Nicolas, for the children of the fundamental.
- Christmas holidays will begin on Saturday, December 24, 2022 and end on Sunday, January 8, 2023
- The winter or Carnival holidays will begin on Saturday, February 11, 2023 and end on Sunday, February 19, 2023
- Spring or Easter break will begin on Saturday, April 1, 2023. They will last until Sunday 16 April 2023
- The Pentecost vacations will begin on Saturday, May 27, 2023 and end on Sunday, June 4, 2023
- The children will be on summer vacation on Saturday, July 15, 2023 and finish on Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Are you looking for ideas for to keep your children busy during the holidays? Here are some tips.
Scouts and other guides also offer holiday camps. You must register your children at the beginning of the school year.
Main holidays and celebrations, public holidays 2022 and 2023 in Luxembourg
Luxembourg is a country that knows how to keep its traditions alive and to celebrate traditional events in a festive and popular way, to the great joy of its inhabitants of all nationalities.
The festivals and celebrations are often based on the country’s Catholic religious tradition or on popular Luxembourg festive events. These traditional festivals are widely followed by the local resident population. In most cases, they are celebrated on public holidays and create a link between the different communities in the Grand Duchy.
|New Year’s Eve||January 1st|
|Easter Sunday and Easter Monday (see Easter holiday traditions)||April 17, 2022 / April 9, 2023|
|Labour Day||May 1st|
|Europe Day||9 May|
|Ascension Thursday (see pilgrimage to Our Lady of Fatima)||May 26, 2022 / May 18, 2023|
|Whit Monday (see pilgrimage and dancing procession of Echternach)||June 6, 2022 / May 29, 2023|
|Luxembourg National Day||23 June|
|Christmas Day (see Christmas Markets)||December 25|
|Saint Etienne||26 December|
Public holidays in Luxembourg
With traditions still very present in Luxembourg, the practice still knows some local festivals or customary festivals.
These days do not have to be granted by theemployer to his employees. The employer is therefore free to decide whether or not employees are exempt from work on the days in question.
|Good Friday||April 15, 2022 / April 7, 2023|
|Fair Monday||2 September|
|Day of the Dead||2 November|