Open-air pianos available to passers-by from June 3 to 19
You have an artistic soul and want to share your talents?
Take an active part in the summer animation of the City of Luxembourg and enjoy the decorated pianos installed in the city of Luxembourg! They are part of the Summer in the City animation and create mini musical scenes in the open air! Feel free to play your favorite piece.
Once again this year, several pianos will be scattered throughout the city .
You will be able to discover these decorated pianos put at the disposal of the public of many sposnors. Take a good look around a park, in places where people pass through or where Luxembourg residents and tourists frequent.
This year, you can find these pianos at the following locations:
- Hall Omnisports Rue de Strasbourg, piano decorated by the Foyer scolaire de Gasperich
- Martyrs’ Square Rousegäertchen: art project Theid Johanns
- Merl/Belair, Merl Park, piano decorated by the Foyer scolaire de la Gare
- Grund, Neimënster: piano decorated by the Josy Barthel High School-CDI
- Cents, Centre du Rham, undecorated grand piano
- Pfaffenthal Elevator to the upper town: pianodecorated by CBDM – Guiden an Scouten
- Clausen Youth Hostel piano decorated by The Eagles – Rollingergrund
- E. Klein Park, piano decorated by the “River” Clausen Youth Center
- Cercle Cité: piano decorated by the Maison des Jeunes de Sandweiler
- Plateau Saint Esprit – Grund elevator: piano decorated by FIISS-Fetschenhaff FNEL Scouting
- Place Guillaume II : piano decorated by The Bonnevoie Blue Lions
- Place du Théâtre : piano decorated by the Foyer scolaire Kiem 4
- Luxembourg Airport
- Bonnevoie, Rotondes, piano decorated by Atelier Zeralda – Oppend Haus Pafendall
- 3 Acorns Park: pianodecorated by Lëtzebuerger Guiden a Scouten, Cents, Biber Branch
- Pfaffenthal funicular: piano decorated by the Maison Relais “An der Bamschoul” Heisdorf Caritas Jeunes et Familles
- Limpertsberg, Theater and Neumann Park
- Luxembourg Airport – Findel: piano decorated by Häerzkrank Kanner vun Lëtzebuerg
- Limpertsberg Grand Théâtre : piano decorated by the Foyer scolaire Cessange
Colorful pianos! Each piano is transformed into a unique piece after being decorated by one of the project partners. As in previous years, the City of Luxembourg has called upon the talent and creativity of local associations, artistic and educational groups.
Take part in creating a moment of conviviality and share your talents
The idea is simple, to embellish the city, to create conviviality and to encourage passers-by to play music in the city in a spontaneous way. You don’t have to be a Debussy or Ragtime specialist to play the piano, you just have to want to!
Participate in the animation by posting videos on Facebook or You Tube and send the link with your contact information to email@example.com. You can win vouchers!
Photo Credit : City of Luxembourg
Don’t miss the music festival either.