A public service was created to answer your questions concerning accommodation, support you in your steps, be them of technical or administrative order and finally to give you personalised information on housing assistances from which you can benefit.
The housing assistances service in Luxembourg
To obtain information about the allowances from which a person or a household with low income can benefit or for questions concerning your rent and your rights, do not hesitate to contact this service : Service des Aides au Logement.
The aim of the Service d’Aides au Logement is to help every private individual willing to collect information about accommodation and supports that are available in Luxembourg. It can also orientate the public and private promoters by informing them about the state aids from which they can benefit during the housing construction.
Housing financial aids
Subsidies to buy or build an accommodation
In Luxembourg, the aids and rights for accommodation are multiple for Luxembourg residents wishing to acquire an accommodation.
According to your situation, you can benefit from a number of aids during the purchase of an accommodation in the Grand Duchy. Among these helps, the main clauses are the bonuses of construction or acquisition, the savings bonus as well as the State’s guarantee. These allow you to minimise the costs due to the accommodation by obtaining an aid with a capital from the State.
The bonus of acquisition or construction: this subsidy is determined according to the applicant’s income and family status.
The bonus of interest: it is granted to reduce the monthly interest incurred by people who have taken out a mortgage.
The bonus of savings : is is a lump-sum capital payment and is franted under certain conditions
The State’s guarantee : under certain conditions, the State can help to guarantee your mortgage.
When buyong for the first time in Luxembourg, you can benefit from a tax gift of up to 20,000 euros per head on notarial deeds.
Renting an Accommodation in Luxembourg, which aids?
If you favour the rent of your accommodation, interesting housing assistances are also proposed in Luxembourg. Among them, the main clauses are the state help to the financing of a renting guarantee (allowing you to receive an aid if you are unable to pay your pledge), the possibility of renting a subsidised or social accommodation, as well as a possible appeal for the social real estate agencies.
- Rent subsidies : the most disadvantaged households can benefit from it. The amount is at most, 300 euros per month, accoding to the composition and income of the household.
- State aid for the financing of a renting guarantee : when signing a lease, the tenant must pay a deposit to the lessor, up to a 3-month rent. The tenant can ask for help if he meets the necessary conditions.
- To rent a subsidised accommodation : some rental housing are rented only to people with a modest income, ranked by priority.
- More information about social real estate agency
Renovating an accomodation or realising special arrangements
If you wish to renovate your accommodation or to realise works there, know that in certain cases, the obtaining of a bonus of improvement is possible. This aid is used, in the most frequent cases, for the works to restore the healthiness or the safety in an accommodation, as well as for the creation of new rooms or the enlargement of already existing rooms.
Finally, if you realise special arrangements for the benefit of person with reduced mobility or with specific needs in your accommodation, a financial support also exists.
- Bonus of improvement : certain works to improve the habitability, health and safety of old homes may receive capital assistance from the State, depending on income and family situation.
- Aids in case of arrangement for the benefit of a person with reduced mobility : granted only once, depending on their income and family situation, up to €15,000 and 60% of the maximum amount of work, to finance special accommodation for disabled people in new or existing buildings.
Housing fairs in Luxembourg
The furniture festival or Miwwelfestival
The federation of the Luxembourg piece of furniture groups the specialists of the piece of furniture in Luxembourg. You will find furniture and decoration stores on their site www.fedam.lu.
The new collections are celebrated twice a year with targeted actions 2 times a year (spring and automn) with the Miwwelfestival.
Home and Living fair
The federation is also involved in the Home and Living national fair of accommodation.
27 May 2020
25 May 2020