Find the main Luxembourg media to keep you informed about life, news and main events in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, the Greater Region or more widely in Europe or in the world.
Due to the multiplicity of nationalities present in Luxembourg, there are many media specific to each community. We will only mention here the main newspapers or radios, expressing themselves in the main languages of the country: Luxembourgish, German, French, English, Portuguese.
Paper / electronic press in Luxembourg
Daily newspapers in paper / electronic format
The daily newspapers are either available in paper form at newsagents (KIOSK) or directly on the Internet. You can also subscribe to their newsletter by email.
- Luxemburger Wort (German) – 1st daily newspaper in Luxembourg with more than 137,100 readers, or 25.7% of the population. All the Luxembourg and international news, the Luxemburger Wort is published since 1848
- Virgule (French) – Launched in September 2022, this newspaper is the Luxemburger Wort in French.
- L’Essentiel (French, German, English) – 104,500 daily readers, 19.6% of the population. Distributed free of charge, all the essential news from Luxembourg and internationally in French and German. also available in English on the app; downloadable on ios and Google Play.
- Tageblatt (German language) – 35,800 readers, 6.7% of the population. Luxembourg and world news; Some articles in French
- Le Quotidien (French) – 20,000 readers
- Zeitung vum Lëtzebuerger Vollek – 7,500 readers – no electronic version, political newspaper owned by the Luxembourg communist party
- Luxembourg Times, English-language newspaper with an online presence
Magazines and periodicals are usually available free of charge, either directly from certain retailers or by registering on the website.
- Télécran (TV programs): 61,900 readers – TV news
- Magazine: 44,700 readers – general magazine in German language, mirror of the country with many columns anchored in the national heritage
- Contacto (Luxemburger Wort in Portuguese): 42,600 readers
- Lux Bazar newspaper for classified ads in Luxembourg: 26.300 readers
- D’Letzebuerger Land: 19,400 readers, independent economic, political and cultural weekly
- De Letzebuerger Bauer : 13.900 readers – edited by the Luxembourgish peasant center
- Woxx : 10.800 readers – “the other weekly” – publications in Luxembourgish, French and German, on newsstands every Friday
- Paperjam (English and French), 58.100 readers: “Business zu Lëtzebuerg” economic and financial magazine, also exists in electronic version. Edited by Maison Moderne, there is also a Paperjam + Delano Club that brings together more than 1,000 Luxembourg companies in its Business Club.
- Femmes Magazine (French): monthly women’s magazine that aims to reflect Luxembourg society. Positioning rather CSP+. Also available in an electronic version
- Janette, women’s magazine, young and dynamic tone for the active woman. Distributed free of charge in many stores, it can also be consulted online.
- City Magazine Luxembourg (bilingual French/English), official magazine of the City of Luxembourg for cultural information: theater, dance, music, conferences, events, exhibitions, cinema, etc. On free subscription
- Auto revue (German) electronic version: 49,200 readers
- Auto Moto (French) quarterly: 44,500 readers
- Regulus, magazine Natur&Umwëllt (Nature & Environment): 23.900 readers, published 6 times a year
- Merkur, magazine of the Chamber of Commerce, published every 2 months: 18.000 readers
- Delano, English-language magazine for the international English-speaking community in Luxembourg, political and economic news magazine, lifestyle, 10,000 copies, 11 annual editions. Also available in electronic version
- Bold, lifestyle magazine, urban, published 8 times a year with a circulation of 20,200 copies, is distributed in the waiting rooms of doctors, lawyers, hairdressers, hospitals, notaries,…
- Luxembourg feminine, on subscription, quarterly publication, high-end magazine
- Passaparola in Italian
Television and audiovisual media
The RTL Group is the leading media in Luxembourg with 76.2% of the population reached .
- RTL Radio Lëtzebuerg (Luxembourgish), first radio with a following of 52.3% of the population, including 78,300 foreign residents
- RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg, first TV with 49.1% of residents, i.e. 253,000 viewers including 73,900 foreign residents
- RTL.lu, first internet media with 47.4% of residents, i.e. 244,000 visitors per week including 72,300 foreign residents
- RTL Radio 93.3 and 97.0 in German
We also find :
- Eldoradio (Luxembourg), 78,500 daily listeners. Music radio, current music
- Lux Wort reaches 44.5% of residents
- L’Essentiel has 41% of the residents, 51,200 listeners.
- Radio 100.7, public socio-cultural radio with information, culture, music, events, …
- Radio Ara, mainly in English, broadcasts music and various news, interviews with guests
- Radio Latina in Portuguese language.
RTL has an app RTLPlay which includes the programs of RTL TV on demand. Very convenient to see or rewatch the Luxembourgish series Capitani also presented on Netflix!
OUR LATEST NEWS