Are you looking for an activity as the spouse of an expatriate?
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg as the spouse of an expatriate and want to either pursue a professional activity, to guanrantee you an additional income, to ensure an activity to exist socially or a little of all three?
The first reflex of an exiled spouse will be to search for professional opportunities on the various professional directories. Unfortunately, the spouse of expat’s status is then often an obstacle because of the possibility of a sudden departure, which is disconcerting for a lot of employers.
A possibility often neglected or forgotten is the one of freelance or independent work. Indeed, the administrative registration is fast and below a certain threshold, it is possible to charge excluding VAT.
Various associations can accompany you and allow you to know the ins and outs of such an adventure.
The ALPF, a useful help to work as a teacher
Among the associations which can help you to start working as an independent teacher in Luxembourg, contact the Association Luxembourgeoise des Professeurs en Freelance (ALPF). This non-profit organisation has a vocation for including all the freelance teachers practicing in Luxembourg.
Its missions are the following:
- Listening to, advising and training the freelance teachers currently practicing, or the ones wishing to do so in the near future;
- Creating events to favour exchanges between freelance teachers;
- Creating educational projects;
- Favoring the recruiters of language schools or training centres’ research work;
- Facilitating the search for a particular teacher for families;
- Collaborating with other associations on entrepreneurial or educational projects.
Do not hesitate to contact them:
- If upon arriving in Luxembourg, you wish to get into the teaching of your mother tongue or of an other subject. The ALPF team will guide you during the various steps to realise such a project.
- If you are already settled in Luxembourg and are looking for a freelance teacher for private lessons. Send them your request; the ALPF will broadcast it directly with its membres.
- If you are already working freelance and wish to join a dynamic network offering diverse opportunities.