The Grand Ducal Police is the Luxembourg police force. It provides several missions:
- it is in charge of ensuring security on the national territory,
- it protects the rights and freedoms of citizens
- It ensures the protection of people and property by maintaining public order.
Police emergencies: 113 national response centre
In case of emergency, threat or danger, you can contact the Grand Ducal Police 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call the National Response Center at 113.
Your call will either be handled directly or taken over by the competent regional police.
In order for your call to be taken into account and treated as soon as possible, please state your identity, your location, if any, the place where the incident took place and a clear description of the facts reported.
The call taker will ask you all the questions necessary for the correct consideration of the situation.
Road safety and traffic controls
For your safety on Luxembourg’s roads and in order to allow everyone to travel safely, whatever the means of transport used, you can find all sorts of useful advice on the website of the Grand Ducal Police.
For a better prevention of accidents, the traffic controls carried out by the Police on the roads are announced on their website.
E-commissariat for your administrative procedures with the police
From now on, you no longer need to go to a police station to carry out certain administrative procedures with the Grand-Ducal Police.
You can do the following directly from their website:
- file a complaint online
- report a lost or found object online
- declare material damage caused by a vehicle to another vehicle or to a piece of roadway (note that this does not concern personal accidents!)
- sign up for police surveillance during your vacation
- report your children’s grooming on the internet
- report cases of child sex tourism while travelling abroad
- register your child at the “lost children of the Schueberfouer” service (to be done at the latest the day before your visit at the Fouer and during working days)
Lost and Found
Lost your glasses or your keys?
Contact the Service National des Objets Trouvés :
Did you find a bag or a coat? Return it as soon as possible to the nearest police station.
Please note that any item found and handed in at a police station is kept there for 8 days. After this period, if the object has not been claimed, it is given to the National Lost and Found Service.
Cité Policière Grand-Duc Henri (CPGDH) 1 A-F, rue de Trèves L-2632 Findel
The Grand Ducal Police also publishes lost and found on its website.
More information on the website of the Grand-Ducal police.
Here you will find all the necessary information about the Luxembourg Police in itself, as well as their job offers.
You will also find what to do in case of burglary, scam, theft, violence, cyber-stalking, …
The police also provide you with prevention tips to avoid becoming a victim of theft or violence.