Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
June 23, National Day June 23 is public holiday in Luxembourg and corresponds to the theoretical birthday of H.R.H the Grand-Duchess, emblematic figure of the history of Luxembourg. The National Day was moved on June 23 to enjoy the festivities by a warmer summer weather. The Grand Ducal family and all residents of Luxembourg, regardless […]
Engel & Völkers invites you to discover the residential real estate market in the capital of Grand-Duchy. Through this article, you will find the presentation of the main neighbourhoods of Luxembourg ranked from the most to the less expansive according to the average price per square meter. Limpertsberg Price per sqm ≈ 8.450 € The […]
The experts from the real estate agency Engel & Völkers Luxembourg talk here about key elements when it comes to a real estate sale. The first step of a property sale is the determination of its value. This prerequisite is a key element in order to set up an efficient, targeted and personalized selling strategy. […]
Are you between 15 and 27, studying in Luxembourg or even abroad? Then you have the opportunity to apply for a summer job in Luxembourg for a maximum of 2 months. Whatever the position, you must sign a specific employment contract with your employer for the duration of the assignment. Even if you are entitled […]
Today May 17th, the 4th Diversity Day will take place in Luxembourg. The opportunity for new signatories to join this beautiful project and promote diversity within companies! The occasion also to celebrate this movement and to remember the challenges of diversity within companies and our modern societies to give everyone their career opportunities regardless of […]
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since November 2010, the Echternach Dancing Procession is a Catholic pilgrimage that takes place on Whit Tuesday. This year it takes place on May, 22nd, 2018. This day after Pentecost Monday, which is a bank holiday in Luxembourg, thousands of Catholic pilgrims and spectators flock to Echternach, a […]