Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
The latest InterNations study, Expat Insider 2018, has just been released. As last year, Luxembourg is one of the favourite destinations for expatriates and ranks 15th out of 68 countries studied! More than 18,000 expatriates from 178 different countries around the world responded to InterNations’ annual survey. We would like to give you some background […]
No time to do your shopping on weekdays because you work? The stores in Luxembourg will be open Sundays 25 November, 2,9, 16, 23 and 30 December to make your last shopping before Christmas. Take the opportunity to shop in a festive and illuminated atmosphere. Christmas shopping in Luxembourg Shops that are open on Sundays […]
On November 18th, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, the 72st Red Cross Bazaar took place in Luxembourg-city, at the Halle Victor Hugo, 62 Rue Victor Hugo in Limpertsberg district. The opportunity for Luxembourgish residents to help poor people and make a good deed while enjoying a traditional and major event in Luxembourg. Flea market […]
Sale of second hand baby or child car seats and booster seats on Saturday 24 November 2018. Need a baby or childs car seat in good condition or a booster seat for your car? Next saturday, the Automobile Club of Luxembourg (ACL) organises its traditional sale of second hand child car seats. As usual, the event […]
In Luxembourg, Saint Nicholas Day is traditionally very important for all the country’s children as they do not go to school and receive gifts from “De Kleeschen”. Saint Nicholas, the traditional children’s festival in Luxembourg All children living in Luxembourg cannot wait for Saint Nicholas Day on December 6th. For them, it is more important […]
Are you looking for a job and are specialized in IT or finance? On November 20, 2018, the next Plug&Work evening dedicated to digital and finance will take place at the Coque in Luxembourg. Plug&Work Luxembourg Recruitment Evening Each year, this event, which exists since 2010, allows about a hundred candidates to find a job […]