Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
Are you looking for a job in Luxembourg or in the Great Region ? You will surely be interested by this event ! In fact, this March 23rd, the job fair Moovijob Tour is coming back in Luxembourg! This will be the opportunity for thousands of students and job seekers to apply, on-site, to 150 […]
In the third quarter of 2017, housing prices* (homes and apartments for sale) in Luxembourg rose by 4.9% year-on-year, with a significant rise in prices of 6.1% for new apartments with equal transaction volumes in number and amounts. A new apartment is valued on average 25 to 30% more expensive than an old apartment of […]
Each year, a “greedy” and ancestral tradition is celebrated in Luxembourg : the BretzelSonndeg. This traditional and very popular celebration is held every year in mid-March, the 4th Sunday of Lent. What are bretzels ? Bretzels, also highly appreciated in Germany, are Luxembourgian traditional pastries that exit in 2 versions : salted and sweet. They […]
The Brandons Festival or Buergbrennen announces the end of winter in Luxembourg First Sunday of Lent (Christian tradition before Easter) after Carnival in Luxembourg, you can attend the Buergbrennen in the Luxembourg villages. Really spectacular, this tradition consists of burning enomes bonfires to symbolically chase the winter. The “Buergen”, with a large cross at the […]
February is marked in Luxembourg by the Carnival festivities which are part of the pretty luxembourgish traditions. Candlemas Day In addition to the traditionally pancakes eaten on Candlemas Day, your children will be delighted to celebrate the light (“liichten”) on the Liichtmëssdag, february 2nd, in your neighborhood. With elaborate lanterns, “Liichtebengelcher” made in their luxembourgish […]
Looking for a job or training tailored to your desires? The French Institute of Luxembourg / Embassy of France in Luxembourg, the Campus France Agency, the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce, Business France, Moovijob and Cedies organize a “Studies and Careers” exhibition “, To be held on January, 30th […]