Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
At a more and more vigilant time to preserve our planet, here is a little reminder to sort your waste correctly. Several different coloured bins are at your disposal. How to find your way around? Grey bin, household waste The grey bin is designed to collect all your non-recyclable residual household waste for incineration. Collected […]
Liichtmëssdag is one of the beautiful traditions that you will discover in Luxembourg on February 2nd of each year. At nightfall, you can meet processions of children with home made lanterns in the streets of your neighbourhood. Take the opportunity to enjoy delicious pancakes since February 2 is also Candlemas Day. Liichtsmëssdag traditions The “Liichtmëssdag” […]
Each new year brings new regulation changes in Luxembourg and elsewhere. So what should we keep in mind for the 2020 vintage?
On January 6th in Luxembourg and in many other countries, you can taste the traditional king cake to celebrate Epiphany or Dräikinneksdag (Three Kings Day) in luxembourgish. Epiphany is a Christian celebration that takes place every year after Christmas celebrations on the 6th of january. It is the symbol of the Three Kings’ visit to Jesus […]
Do you know that you can benefit from financial assistance for the purchase of an electric vehicle in Luxembourg ? Introduced in 2019, this tax measure is renewed in 2020. Set up by the Luxembourg government to promote more eco-responsible mobility, this aid is paid for new electric vehicles. To benefit from it, the vehicle […]
Thinking about the next school year and the orientation of our children is a source of stress and we would like to postpone the decision until the latest moment. But here too, the more you prepare in advance, the less stress you will be under when you have to make choices. How better to get […]