Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
Do you like running or Nordic walking and want to support a good cause? The “Run in the Dark” race, which will take place on November 13, will allow everyone to mobilize and support the fight against paralysis. Run in the dark The 6th edition of the Run in the Dark race, in support of […]
Fancy-dress ball? Creative workshops? Door-to-door? Although this is not strictly speaking a Luxembourgish tradition, Halloween not only pleases the Anglo-Saxon community of Luxembourg, but also all children. Halloween is fast approaching and, as usually, many parents do not know yet what to do with their children. Just Arrived has selected for you several original ways […]
On 12 October 2019, the Musées de la Ville de Luxembourg opened their doors to the public for a rather special evening: the “Nuit des Musées”. This year more than 23,500 visitors took the chance to enjoy this traditional Museum Night on the theme: “Museums – be moved”. For this 19th edition, Luxembourg sportsmen, improvised […]
In Luxembourg, the Mantelsonndeg, or”Coat Sunday” is a real tradition that has been going on for years. On Sunday 20th of october, Luxembourg residents and shoppers take advantage of the exceptional opening of the shops before All Saints’ Day, to buy a coat for the Winter or to dress children for the Winter to come. Mantelsonndeg: […]
The Observatoire de l’Habitat in Luxembourg and Statec have just published the latest housing figures for the 2nd quarter of 2019. These confirm the overall feeling of a price increase over the last 12 months. Housing prices rose by 11.4% over 1 year, from the 2nd quarter of 2018 to the 2nd quarter of 2019! […]
It’s official! You are now a resident of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. You’ve taken care of all of the formalities that will help you quickly feel at home here Yes, but not quite all, as you still have one last obligation: have your driving licence validated, registered and insure your vehicle so that you […]