Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
The next edition of the Top Kids Children’s Fair will take place on 27-28 October 2018 at Luxexpo The Box. Dedicated to children aged 2 to 12, this sixth edition of the children’s fair in Luxembourg will once again gather a large number of exhibitors about childhood. As usual, everything is set up to give […]
Fancy-dress ball? Creative activities? Door-to-door? Although this is not strictly speaking a Luxembourgish tradition, Halloween not only pleases the Anglo-Saxon community of Luxembourg, but also all children. Halloween is fast approaching and, as usually, many parents do not know yet what to do with their children. Just Arrived has selected for you several original ways […]
In Luxembourg, the Mantelsonndeg, or”Coat Sunday” is a real tradition that has been going on for years. On this Sunday 21st of october, Luxembourg residents and shoppers take advantage of the exceptional opening of the shops before All Saints’ Day, to buy a coat for the Winter or to dress children for the Winter to come. […]
Each year in October, all real estate professionals meet at LuxExpo for the traditional housing fair in Luxembourg. The next edition of the Home & Living fair will take place from October 13 to 21, 2018 at LuxExpo The Box. The Home & Living fair, formerly known as the Autumn Fair, is the major annual […]
Brexit is already shaking up the financial industry. Indeed, the City of London is losing its position as Europe’s leading financial centre. Already in close contact with the United Kingdom, the capital of the Grand Duchy is probably stealing the spotlight from the City of London. Engel & Völkers Luxembourg explains the main reasons for […]
Under the supervision of the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the French Institute is in charge of promoting the French language and culture in the world and in Luxembourg. For this autumn 2018, the French Institute of Luxembourg has a new look. The premises have been refurbished and the facade redone to improve […]