Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
Ready to make your move to Luxembourg? While the process of moving your house from overseas to Luxembourg may seem intimidating, it’s relatively simple if you understand the requirements you must meet. So, in this guide, we’ll be taking a look at the process of moving your house – from establishing residence to bringing over […]
Are you looking for a job and are specialized in IT or finance? On November 19, 2019 from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, the next Plug&Work evening dedicated to digital and finance will take place at the Coque in Luxembourg. Plug&Work Luxembourg Recruitment Evening Each year, this event, which exists since 2010, allows about a hundred […]
Free Schuttle Bus between Station and Stäreplatz During the construction period of the 2nd section (end of 2020) and in order to facilitate traffic, a free bus, the “Shuttle Station” is available on the Stäereplaz/Étoile – Central Station route. It serves the usual stops impacted by the works: Central station platform 7, Al Avenue platform […]
Remember 30 years ago, on November 9th, the Berlin Wall fell. Driven by the East German population determined to move west and find families and friends, a whole piece of history was falling… The fall of the Berlin Wall A few years earlier, Mickhail Gorbachev initiated Glasnost and Perestroika in the Soviet Union. Following, the […]
Do you know that you can benefit from financial assistance for the purchase of an electric vehicle in Luxembourg until 31 December 2019? Set up by the Luxembourg government to promote more eco-responsible mobility, this aid is paid for new electric vehicles. To benefit from it, the vehicle must be put into service for the […]
The Luxembourg School of Business is pleased to announce the launch of Luxembourg’s first Master in Management. The first school year will start in September 2020 and will welcome students from all over the world. Registration is now open to enter one of the diploma programmes of the Luxembourg School of Business, which is expanding […]