Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
In Luxembourg, many activities take place every week to occupy children of all ages! If you live in Luxembourg and have children, you are probably interested in exhibitions, hobbies, summer camps or any other event for your children. Just Arrived made a list of 4 useful websites to know absolutely to be kept informed of […]
Recently graduate or future graduate, you are looking for a job or an internship in Luxembourg? Only one address: the Unicareers Job Fair in Luxembourg on Friday, September 28, 2018 at Luxexpo The Box. Unicareers, a job fair dedicated to students and young people Looking for a job or an internship? The 5th edition of […]
The “Schueberfouer” is the most popular and traditional event in Luxembourg with more than 2 million visitors! Traditionally, the funfair Schueberfouer starts at the end of August in St. Bartholomew and lasts 20 days. Largest and oldest popular festival of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, its creation dates back more than six centuries in 1340. […]
For many years in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, real estate prices have been rising. Through this article, experts from the real estate group Engel & Völkers offer you an analysis of rentals prices within the capital. How ranks Luxembourg-City compared to other financial centres in Europe? Are there major differences within the capital itself? What […]
If the Just Arrived website completely and relevantly informs you of essential things to know when arriving or living as an expat in Luxembourg, specific websites remain necessary to help newcomers and residents of Luxembourg in their daily lives. Discover 5 specialised websites that make daily life of newcomers and residents in Luxembourg easier! Public […]
A new school year will begin soon, which means also new school calendar! As every year, many school holidays are planned for your children in Luxembourg. Just Arrived lists the dates of the school holidays below! School calendar 2017-2018 in Luxembourg This year, the start of the school year for Luxembourgish fundamental schools and Luxembourgish […]