Settling down and living in Luxembourg
Are you arriving in Luxembourg on your own, with your partner or with your family and children? We provide you with all the necessary details to make your move, and your daily life once moved, easier.
- Are you looking for accommodation? We are guiding you throughout your housing search: where to move, what district to pick in Luxembourg city , and choosing between buying and renting.
- Are your kids enrolled in a school? If you’re moving with your family, we give you all the explanations concerning the schools and courses in Luxembourg, so that you can choose your children’s future school wisely, be it a luxembourgish primary school, a luxembourgish high school or an international school.
- What administrative procedures should you follow, what visa or residence permit do you need in order to immigrate in Luxembourg? Are you planning to come with your car, with your pet…? We tell you how to do it.
- Regarding the financial field, we also explain you how to open a bank account and tell you what insurances you should subscribe to.
- We advise you for your future outings or hobbies, on your own or with your family, during the weekend or the bank holidays. We also give you good deals for your daily shopping.
- If you need to optimise and simplify your travels in Luxembourg, be it by car or by public transports, we can tell you how.
- What are the best media to follow in order to be informed about the news in the Grand Duchy?
- Lastly, here you can find the answers you need concerning the health care system and the medical and hospital services.
Order your guide to live in Luxembourg
You’ve just arrived in Luxembourg or are already settled? Find all our practical information and great deals. If you need help concerning your move or your daily life in Luxembourg, order our Luxembourg resident Just Arrived guide.
You will get useful information on how to find accommodation, about your children’s education, where to shop, go out, everything related to healthcare and more generally what you need to know when you’re settling down and living in the Grand Duchy.
Summer is already well established in Luxembourg and school holidays are approaching! We know what you think: “All recruiters are on vacation, there is no point in applying for a job”. Well, maybe you’re wrong… Few applicant during the summer period There is a drop in connections between April and September on job boards. On […]
School calendar 2019-2020 in Luxembourg This new school year will run from Monday 16 September 2019 to Wednesday 15 July 2020 for Luxembourg fundamental schools and lycées. For international or private schools in Luxembourg, refer to the calendar provided by your school. Luxembourg school holidays for 2019-2020 the All Saints holidays begins on Saturday 26 […]
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site since November 2010, the Echternach dancing procession is a Catholic pilgrimage that takes place on Whit Tuesday. More than ten thousand people attend the pilgrimage, attracted by this unique and fabulous show. This year it takes place on 11 June 2019. The day after Whit Monday, which is […]
June 23, National Day The 23rd of June is the Luxembourg National Holiday. At the origin, January 23rd was the date of birthday of H.R.H the Grand-Duchess Charlotte, an emblematic figure of the history of Luxembourg. The National Day was moved on June 23 to enjoy more of the festivities in a more clement summer […]
Are you between 15 and 27, studying in Luxembourg or even abroad? Then you have the opportunity to apply for a summer job in Luxembourg for a maximum of 2 months. Whatever the position, you must sign a specific employment contract with your employer for the duration of the assignment. Even if you are entitled […]
Since 1968 in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, every Thursday of Ascension, nearly 20,000 Catholics and for the majority of them of Portuguese origin, come to give thanks to the one whom they worship and cherish among all: «Nossa Senhora de Fatima “, Our Lady of Fatima for which is celebrated a mass followed by […]