For shopping addicts or for daily groceries, Luxembourg offers numerous and convenient shopping malls in the periphery of towns, with parking, restaurants and bars.
Information related to shopping centers
Easily accessible, situated in the periphery of Luxembourg city, Esch-sur-Alzette or elsewhere on the Luxembourg territory, you can reach shopping malls quickly by public transportation or easily park your car there.
You can find the following shopping centres in particular:
- in Luxembourg-Gasperich: within the framework of the vast construction project of Ban de Gasperich, a big shopping mall “Cloche d’Or” opened in May 2019 in the heart of this new district. It hosts more than 140 shops, a Foodhall of 20 restaurant concepts and a Lifestore Auchan.
- in Luxembourg- Kirchberg: the Auchan centre in Kirchberg, including the Auchan supermarket
- in the Centre: the Howald shopping area, La Belle Etoile and City Concorde in Bertrange, Walfer Shopping Center in Walferdange,
- in the North: Laangwiss 1&2 in Junglinster, Nordstross Shopping Mile in Marnach, Pall Center in Oberpallen,
- in the South: Opkorn in Differdange and Belval Plaza in Esch-sur-Alzette.
You can get your main food supplies or stock up drinks, hygiene, cleansing or animal products at the hypermarket or supermarket or in other shops.
Shopping lovers and other fashionistas can indulge themselves in the numerous clothes, jewellery, leather, shoes or furniture shops, or even in the department stores present in certain shopping centres.
You can also find there hairdressers or beauty salon, as well as restaurants and coffee shops or tearooms to have a break and eat something during your shopping outings.
Every shopping mall has its own atmosphere, do not hesitate to visit several of them and you will quickly spot your favourite ones, where you will keep coming back.
Note that Pall Center at Oberpallen is opened everyday, including on bank holidays. Which is very handy, because generally, except during the sales, on “Mantelsonndeg” (Sunday of the coats), during the period before Christmas or exceptionnally, shopping malls are closed every Sundays and on bank holidays, as well as stores in town.
New shopping malls soon in Luxembourg
Two new shopping malls are about to open in Luxembourg.
Centre Hamilius in Luxembourg-City
In 2019, a new shopping mall called “Royal-Hamilius” will be open right in the heart of Luxembourg centre.
With a 17,000-m² mall, including a department store announced as being Galeries Lafayette, well known by the French people and particularly the Parisian people and a Delhaize supermarket, this Centre Hamilius project is already seen as a breathtaking shopping centre with restaurants, apartments, green places and a pedestrian square.
The Royal-Hamilius car park with its 630 parking spaces is the first completed element of this fabulous project.
Infinity Shopping Centre
Located at the entrance to Kirchberg, facing the Philharmonie, the Infinity project consists of 2 main towers. The first tower will consist of nearly 7,000 m² of office space. The second tower is intended to accommodate 20,000 m² of high-end apartments of 50 to 300 m² each. A 6,500 m² shopping gallery with 23 shops will connect the 2 buildings. The first brands are expected to open at the end of 2019-early 2020.