Health and wellness in Luxembourg
- emergency numbers and care services to contact when needed,
- guidance for health promotion and medical prevention by topic or by age group for sensitive people such as young children, pregnant women or seniors,
- reports on important health issues, background files on health,
- information on diseases, symptoms, causes and practical advice for curing, medical tests and procedures,
- details on reimbursement of healthcare costs,
- a complete list of the healthcare and social partners, the follow-up of the Minister of Health’s agenda,
- information on the agreement/authorisation process for healthcare professionals, regulations concerning these medical professions and the diplomas required to practice in Luxembourg,
job offers in the field of health,
- news concerning health in Luxembourg such as the eventual recall of food products, the heat wave plan, … with a history of month by month and year after year,
- medical event calendar,
- healthcare-related legislation, health policy in Luxembourg, health plans,
- various medical publications,
- health promotion and prevention campaigns run by the Ministry of Health.
To have at your disposal, all the information on health in Luxembourg, download the sante.lu app available on smartphone and tablet. You will find answers to frequently asked questions such as on-call services in hospitals or medical homes or emergency numbers. You will also be able to locate the general practitioners available nearby thanks to “Dispo Doc”.
Thanks to our guide, discover useful information about health and medical care: health organisations, health-related procedures, hospitals, doctors, nurses, other medical professions, reimbursement of medical care…
You will also find all kinds of information about schools, how to find a job… to acquire marks and integrate quickly, to live well in your new country.
A recent study conducted in 2017 by the Luxembourgish Ministry of Health reviews the emergency services in Luxembourg. Emergency services in Luxembourg appear to be more in demand than abroad. One of the explanations could be that regular doctor visits are not provided on weekends nor in the evening after a certain hour. But as elsewhere, […]