At the heart of Europe, Luxembourg is a platform ideal for traveling easily to other countries. More and more airline companies are serving Luxembourg-Findel International Airport, a hub for the largest international airports in Europe. You can also leave from the airports located near Luxembourg and accessible by airport shuttles.
The TGV stations of Luxembourg-City or Lorraine (France) also allow you to travel easily by train to all Europe.
Traveling by plane
Traveling by plane from the airport of Luxembourg-Findel
Located at Findel in the municipality of Sandweiler, Luxembourg-Findel International Airport is a modern airport, served by 16 airlines from and to 75 cities in Europe.
Among the national companies:
- Luxair, the Luxembourgish airline that offers dry flights to many European capitals and cities, interesting aircraft + hotel packages through its subsidiary Luxairtours. Discounted promotional offers are regularly offered on the site
- Aegan direct flights to Athens
Air France in collaboration with Luxair or KLM to Paris or Nice
- British-Airways with daily flights to London-Heathrow
- KLM with flights to Amsterdam
- Lot direct flights to Warsaw
- Lufthansa, direct flights to Munich and Frankfurt
- Swiss direct flights to Zurich
- Tap Portugal direct flights to Lisbon and Porto
- Turkish-Airlines direct flights to Istanbul
More and more low-cost airlines now serve Luxembourg, including Easyjet, Flybe, Hahn Air, RyanAir, Volotea and Vueling to destinations such as Nice, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Dusseldorf, Manchester …
Traveling by plane from airports near Luxembourg
If you can not find your destination from Luxembourg airport, other international airports are located a short distance from Luxembourg and offer many international flights. Inquire!
- Charleroi airport in Belgium 196 km – 2h30
- Frankfurt airport in Germany 234 km – 2h55
- Frankfurt-Hahn airport in Germany 112 km – 1h30
- Lorraine Airport – Metz Nancy in France 90 km – 1h23
You can travel directly and easily from these airports thanks to airport shuttles from Luxembourg.
Shuttles to and from Luxembourg Airport
No more hassle of car or parking if you are traveling from one of the nearby Luxembourg airports: take the airport shuttles.
Airport Shuttle – Flibco
There is a bus service from Luxembourg to several European airports including Frankfurt-Hahn, Frankfurt and Charleroi: www.flibco.com
Emile Weber “A la Carte Service”
The bus company Emile Weber proposes a transport service on demand, you can ask them for more information on their Airport Bus Service.
Traveling by train from Luxembourg to France
TGV Station Luxembourg
There are several daily TGV trains (high speed trains) going from Luxembourg to central train station to Paris-Gare de l’Est.
Metz TGV station
TGV or normal trains serve the TGV station of Metz from Luxembourg central station. In Metz, you can can go to other major French cities by TGV direct line or via Paris, Lyon, …
Long-term covered car-park.
Lorraine TGV station
The Lorraine TGV station, next to the Lorraine airport, proposes many direct TGV trains serving the following destinations: Strasbourg, Paris CDG airport, Marne la Vallée (Disneyland), Le Mans, Angers, Nantes, Poitiers, Rennes, Bordeaux …
A long-term outdoor parking is available.
For more information and tickets for french trains, visit website www.voyages-sncf.com.
Schuttle Luxembourg – Gare Lorraine TGV Express
A shuttle bus commutes to the Lorraine TGV station from Luxembourg Station in 1h30. Reservation for the “Gare Lorraine TGV-Express” is mandatory. You can reserve your ticket in the CFL stations.