Located in the heart of Europe, Luxembourg is an ideal platform to travel to other countries. In addition to Luxair, the Luxembourg airline, more and more airlines are flying to Luxembourg-Findel International Airport.
The TGV stations in Luxembourg-City or in Lorraine (France) also allow you to travel easily by train to any destination in Europe.
Travelling by plane from Luxembourg-Findel International Airport
Located at Findel in the municipality of Sandweiler, Luxembourg-Findel airport is an international airport, a real hub towards the largest international airports in Europe. Modern and welcoming, it is served by some fifteen airlines to Europe and beyond.
According to a study established in 2019 by a German company Blacklane,Findel Airport was named the fastest airport in the world for international flights. Findel passengers spend an average of just over 15 minutes between landing the plane and joining their transportation to leave the airport. The median time worldwide is 23 minutes.
Among the companies serving Luxembourg airport, we find :
- Luxair the Luxembourgish airline. In addition to flights to many European capitals and cities, it offers flights to Dubai, Senegal, Tunisia, Egypt, Turkey, etc. Thanks to its subsidiary Luxairtours, it is possible to book interesting plane+hotel packages. Promotional offers at low prices are regularly proposed on the site.
Luxair also offers anti-stress seminars for people who have developed a phobia of flying .
- Aegan direct flights to Athens
- ITA Airaways, flights to Milan-Linate
- British-Airways with daily flights to London-Heathrow and London-City
- Easy Jet, several destinations served
- Hahn Air flights to Dusseldorf
- KLM flights to Amsterdam
- Lot Polish Airlines direct flights to Warsaw
- Lufthansa, direct flights to Munich, Zurich and Frankfurt
- Ryanair several destinations served
- SAS Scandinavian Airlines flights to Stockolm
- Swiss direct flights to Zurich
- Tap Portugal direct flights to Lisbon and Porto
- Turkish-Airlines direct flights to Istanbul
- Volotea several destinations served to France and Alicante in Spain.
More and more “low-cost” airlines serve Luxembourg today, including Easyjet, Hahn Air, RyanAir, Volotea to destinations such as Nice, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Dusseldorf, Manchester…
You will find all the airlines and destinations served from Luxembourg airport on the LuxAirport. lu website.
Travelling by plane from airports near Luxembourg
If you can’t find your destination from Luxembourg airport, other international airports are located within a short distance from Luxembourg and offer many international flights. Find out more!
- Charleroi airport in Belgium 196 km – 2h30
- Frankfurt airport in Germany 234 km – 2h55
You can travel directly and easily from these airports thanks to the airport shuttles from Luxembourg.
Shuttles to and from Luxembourg airport
No more car or parking hassles if you are traveling from one of Luxembourg’s neighboring airports, take advantage of the shuttle buses.
- Airport shuttle – Flibco
There is a bus service from Luxembourg city and airport to several European airports including Frankfurt-Hahn, Frankfurt and Charleroi: www.flibco.com
- Shuttle to the airport – Door2Gate
Door2Gate is a shared shuttle service from Flibco.com. It is just like a taxi, but much less expensive. You can book the time you want to arrive at the airport for your flight. Its operational service zone is Luxembourg and the greater region. See Door2Gate.
- Emile Weber A la Carte Service
The Emile Weber bus company offers a tailor-made transport service to the airports. Ask the company directly about their airport bus service.
Travelling by train from Luxembourg to France and Europe
Luxembourg TGV station
The Luxembourg City station offers several daily TGV trains to France to Paris-Gare de l’Est or other French cities.
Metz TGV station
The TGV or normal trains from Luxembourg serve the TGV station of Metz from where you can go to other big French cities by TGV in direct line or via Paris, Lyon, …
Lorraine TGV station
The Lorraine TGV station, near the Lorraine airport, offers many direct TGV trains serving the following destinations: Strasbourg, Paris CDG airport, Marne la Vallée (Disneyland), Le Mans, Angers, Nantes, Poitiers, Rennes, Bordeaux…
A long term outdoor parking is available.
For more information and to purchase your tickets for French trains, visit www.voyages-sncf.com.
From the Luxembourg station (bus station), a shuttle bus serves the Lorraine TGV station in less than 1h30. Reservation of seats on the “Gare Lorraine TGV-Express” bus is compulsory and must be made at the CFL stations. See www.cfl.lu.
You can also travel from Luxembourg to other European cities in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and many other destinations. Ask for information at the ticket offices or on the CFL website.
OUR LATEST NEWS