Lifelong learning is a predominant objective in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The offer is developed and with costs that can seem little important with regard to the quality of the proposed trainings.
It is also possible under certain conditions to benefit from financing aids, as individuals or as a company.
Lifelong-learning.lu, training Internet portal
The reference training portal lifelong-learning.lu is an inescapable one in the training field in Luxembourg. It groups more than 7,000 trainings proposed by the Ministry of Education, Childhood and Youth, the training organs of the Professional Chambers, the associations and private training institutions. It also provides you with all the information about training aids, orientation, diplomas, etc.
Managed by the INFPC, no doubt you will find there all the answers to your questions concerning training in Luxembourg.
The offer in trainings is important in Luxembourg for all those who want to transform themselves or to improve their knowledge and skills in highly varied sectors.
The courses for adults are proposed in the form of seminaries, evening courses, within the framework of university education or within the framework of professional certifications.
You will find numerous information about in-service training with:
- The Chamber of Trade of Luxembourg, if you need information about trainings in the crafts field or aimed at entrepreneurs: food, fashion, construction, mechanics, management, organisation…
- The “House of Training” of the Chamber of Commerce, for all in-service trainings in 19 domains among which HR, real estate, business administration, accounting, law, insurances, banking, trading…
- On the website of the Ministry of Education, Childhood and Youth for all the information about the financing of the training, the training leaves…
- The ADEM (Agence pour le Développement de l’Emploi), in certain cases and with the “Aide à la Formation Professionnelle” can take care of a part of the training fees within the framework of a professional project. Inquire with your councillor if you are registered with the ADEM as a job seeker.
You wish to learn Luxembourgish or another language, or to improve your mastery of a language? Consult our page dedicated to the offer of linguistic trainings.
Financial support for lifelong learning
Both individuals and companies can benefit from funding assistance for vocational training.
Co-funding for companies
Companies can apply for co-funding from the state through the INFPC. This co-funding aid of up to 15% of the cost of the training investment made by the company for its staff-training. It can be increased in certain specific cases. More information here.
Support for individuals
- Lifelong training fees may be deducted by taxable employees from their taxable income.
- It is possible for those enrolled in a graduate cycle to benefit from a loan or a scholarship under certain conditions.
- Assistance for vocationnal training may be granted to job-seekers under certain conditions in order to benefit from the reimbursement of training costs to be advanced by the job-seeker. Attention, the request must be made to the ADEM before the beginning of the training. More information here.
Special leave for vocational training
Employee, self-employed or freelance professions wishing to take vocational training as part of their work may apply for an individual training leave of up to 80 days over the duration of their professional life. Learn more.
Adjustment of working hours
Employees working in company practicing flexible working hours may ask for hours arrangement. Learn more.
Unpaid training leave
Under certain conditions, it is also possible for an employee in the private sector to benefit from an interruption of his obligations with his employer and take an unpaid training leave, provided he has seniority of over 2 years at this employer. More information here.