Musical events during summer in Luxembourg
The Summer in the City festival begins with the must-attend “Fête de la Musique” on June 14, followed by various events, including the Urban Piano operation from May 23 to June 16 to be an actor and musician for a moment. All summer long, various music festivals will be held throughout the weekends:
- Siren’s Call festival at Neimënster Abbey on June 29,
- Kinnekswiss loves… festival on the Kinnekswiss from July 3 to 7,
- Rock um Knuedler festival which will introduce you to Luxembourg rock bands on Place Guillaume II and rue du St-Esprit on July 12
- the 25th edition of the Blues’n Jazz Rallye and its many jazz and blues concerts in the Pfaffenthal, Clausen and Grund districts on July 27
- MeYouZik festival Place Guillaume II, Place d’Armes, rue du St-Esprit on August 14&15 to discover world music.
The “Congés annulés” at the Rotondes should also please as many people as possible with their family aperitifs, exhibitions or DJ sets.
Festivities and amusements
On the festive side, the “Kermesse de la Gare” to be held from 21 to 30 June at Place de Paris and the National Day celebrations on 22 and 23 June will give the Luxembourg capital a festive atmosphere. Attractions for families, food stalls, and especially the fireworks display on June 22nd will amaze everyone, before the traditional Schueberfouer awaited by all on the Champ du Glacis.
The most active and sporty ones will not be forgotten with among others the sport and relaxation activities on the< Kinnekswiss< from July 5 to September 7, the JP Morgan City Jogging on July 7 or the “Jump for fun” and its trampolines at Parc Merl from July 5 to September 15, 11:30am-7:30pm.
Others events this summer
For a beach-style effect, visit the Place du Théâtre equipped with deckchairs and parasols. The Villa Vauban is also transformed in a beach with many activities.
Take the opportunity to get an incredible insight into the city of Luxembourg with the City Skyliner, which will once again take its place on the Place de la Constitution from 29 June to 18 August.
The event “Kanner in the City” takes place on July 26 and 27. For the occasion, the City of Luxembourg and CAPEL convert Place Guillaume II into a huge playground.
In short, a summer full of music, festivities and entertainment of all kinds in prospect! This should make everyone happy, including those who will not leave Luxembourg this summer. Then download the complete program and prepare your summer now!