Cactus is a typical supermarket and supermarket chain in Luxembourg that comes in various original concepts. Inspired by the United States, the first Cactus supermarket was born in 1967 in Béreldange, it’s a revolution in Luxembourg. Followed in 1974 by the supermarket Cactus Belle Etoile, the group created by the Leesch family has done a long way since the first grocery store opened in the district of the Station in Luxembourg City by Joseph Leesch in 1900.
The Cactus group declines several concepts:
- 15 Cactus Hypermarkets and Cactus Supermarkets located on the outskirts of cities
- 8 Cactus convenience stores Market: neighborhood stores
- Shoppi Cactus (grocery stores in gas stations or independent)
- 2 Hobbi Cactus (DIY, decoration, multimedia, etc.), the rendez-vous for all lovers of creative hobbies. Large selection of tools, custom frames, etc.
- Cactus Restaurants (“at the table”, “at the bar”, “take away”, “self-service”).
The group produces its own food with the butchery, the bakery, the catering service with “De Schnékert”.
Several services are offered, depending on the stores: photo service, delivery service for bulky items, clothing, framing, furniture assembly, …
Cactus shops are open from 8h to 13h on Sunday morning. Cactus in Nordstrooss Shopping Mile Marnach open every sunday. Details on the website.