The Ministère de l’Éducation nationale, de l’Enfance et de la Jeunesse is responsible for the education system in Luxembourg, as well as all the information concerning the care of children and young people. School is compulsory from 4 to 16 years old in Luxembourg.
The scope of the National Education covers the following areas:
- early childhood with children day care in nurseries, maison relais, “foyers scolaires” and “foyers de jour”
- fundamental education in the 156 primary schools in 105 Luxembourg municipalities
- classical and general secondary education, European, international and British education, from the age of 12, offered in the 37 Luxembourgish high schools
- vocational training is 120 courses offered in secondary education
- lifelong education
- young people : support for youth-related organizations and the National Youth Service (SNJ).
You will find on the website of the Ministry of National Education, Childhood and Youth all the detailed explanations about the Luxembourg school system, the registration of your child at school and the intercultural mediators if necessary, as well as that all information concerning the care of children and young people.
- plurilingual education for children from 1 to 4 years old
- primary and secondary education (classical and technical),
- languages at the Luxembourgish school,
- schooling of foreign students, international cooperation, …
- helping children with special educational needs
Learn more about s school support for foreign children arriving in Luxembourg
More information on higher education system in Luxembourg which depends on the Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
33 Rives de Clausen
- +352 247-85100