The International School of Differdange and Esch-sur-Alzette EIDE is a public school of the South Pole of the country, which prepares students for the European Baccalaureate according to the regulations of the European Education. Open to all, admission to EIDE is done on file (no test). Proximity between home and school is one of the main admission criteria.
The school offers a cycle of 5 years of European primary education, a cycle of 7 years of European secondary education as well as 3 preparatory classes and reception classes for newly arrived students”classes d’accueil” .
The school is characterized by:
- English-speaking section of the primary to the European Baccalaureate, and from the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year, French and Germanophone sections in addition,
- Teaching of Luxembourgish, as a language of integration, compulsory for all pupils of primary school as well as for pupils of lower classes of secondary school.
- Exchange with national and European schools.
EIDE is a multilingual school.
- At the level of primary education, 2 sections are planned : French section and English section where all courses are held in this language, except of course language courses. The pupil can choose a main language among French, German, English and Portuguese and a secondary language among French, German, English.
- At the level of secondary education, the pupil chooses a third language among French, German, English and Portuguese and a 4th European language of his choice.
School hours: the school is open from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 6 pm Classes end at 3:45 pm maximum.