Organisation and missions of the CCSS
The CCSS (Common Centre for Social Security) is in charge of the organisation, collection and processing of computer data, as well as the registration of insured persons and the entire process of contributions on behalf of the following social security institutions:
- the Caisse Nationale de Santé (CNS) for the private sector,
- Health insurance funds for public sector employees: Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés publics (CMFEP), Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés communaux (CMFEC) and Entreaide médicale de la société nationale des chemins de fer luxembourgeois,
- Mutualité des employeurs,
- Association d’assurance contre les accidents,
- Caisse nationale d’assurance pension and Fonds de compensation,
- Caisse pour l’avenir des enfants,
- Fonds national de solidarité,
- Inspection générale de la sécurité sociale, Contrôle médical de la sécurité sociale and Administration de l’emploi.
Center of membership and collection of contributions common to social security institutions in Luxembourg
Registering with the CCSS as an insured person is mandatory as soon as you have a professional and paid work in Luxembourg, whether as an private or public sector employee, self-employed worker, spouse or children. This allows you to be insured for social security, health insurance, maternity, dependency, pension, to get medical care and medicines reimbursed or receive financial aids in case of illness or maternity.
The declaration is made by the employer when:
- hiring an employee,
- an employee goes back to work at the end of a full-time parental leave,
- an employee goes back to work after unpaid leave for training,
- a student from 15 to 27 years old works during school holidays,
- hiring a trainee.
Registering your nanny or babysitter
Do you want to hire a babysitter, nanny or an au pair to look after your children?
You have to register the nanny with the CCSS on your own.
You only have to fill out an entry declaration indicating the net hourly wage and send it to the CCSS which takes care of the rest (registration and collection of social security contributions and tax deductions).
Reception desk: Mon.-Fri., 8 am-4 pm
Office: Mon.-Fri., 8.30 am-11.30 am and 2.30 pm-4 pm
125, rte d’Esch
- +352 40 14 11