Organization and missions of the CCSS
The CCSS or Centre Commun de la Sécurité Sociale in Luxembourg is a public organization.
He is in charge of the affiliation of the insured. It collects, organizes and processes computer data and contributions on behalf of the following social security institutions:
- the National Health Fund (CNS) for the private sector,
- the public sector sickness funds: Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés publics (CMFEP), Caisse de maladie des fonctionnaires et employés communaux (CMFEC) and Entraide médicale de la société nationale des chemins de fer luxembourgeois,
- the Employers’ Mutuality,
- the Accident Insurance Association,
- the National Pension Insurance Fund and the Compensation Fund,
- the Children’s Future Fund,
- the National Solidarity Fund,
- the General Inspectorate of Social Security,
- the Social Security Medical Examination
- Employment Administration.
Mandatory affiliation with the CCSS
The declaration and affiliation to the CCSS – Centre Commun de la Sécurité Sociale is compulsory, as soon as one exercises a paid professional activity in Luxembourg.
Registration with the CCSS allows you to be insured for social security, health insurance, maternity, dependency, old age pension and to benefit from the reimbursement of medicines and medical expenses or financial support in case of illness or maternity.
This affiliation is mandatory whether you are employed in the private or public sector. The employer is responsible for the registration of his employees. Spouse and children must also be registered. They also have a 13-digit national registration number.
The declaration is made by the employer when :
- the hiring of an employee
- employee returning to work at the end of a full-time parental leave,
- employee returning from unpaid leave for training,
- students between 15 and 27 years of age who work during the school vacations,
- the hiring of an intern.
The self-employed person will have to take the necessary steps to register with the CCSS, as soon as it is established.
Declaration of your nanny or babysitter
Are you hiring a nanny or au pair to look after your children? You must declare it to the CCSS.
To do so, you must complete an entry form indicating the net hourly wage and send it to the CCSS.
The organization will take care of the affiliation of your employee. It will also collect social security contributions and tax deductions.
Steps to take with the CCSS
There are several steps you can take with the CCSS, including:
- Ordering the Social Security card
- Order of affiliation certificates to the Luxembourg CSS. This request can also be made via Myguichet.lu for immediate receipt of the document in .pdf.
- Reporting a change of address
The CCSS receives by appointment for all requests and personal information. Appointments can be requested via Myguichet .
CCSS reception desk: Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
Offices: Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 4 p.m.
125, rte d’Esch
- +352 40 14 11