Online administrative procedures
Have you just arrived in Luxembourg, and are overwhelmed with all sorts of administrative procedures to do ? Would you like to fix everything from your place, without having to move ?
Guichet.lu, administrative Internet portal of the State of Luxembourg
Guichet.lu is the website that simplifies exchange with the State and Luxembourg administration.
It allows among others:
- A simple and transparent access to the information and the online services offered by the State,
- The description of the most important administrative procedures,
- The possibility of downloading forms,
- The possibility of realising administrative procedures online thanks to the secured MyGuichet platform.
Documents of administrations and government departments
You can now request access to a number of administrative documents of the State services directly online from their website or via the common portal www.data.public.lu.
These documents, whether circulars, minutes or reports may be requested without any particular justification and in principle free of charge. Any document containing personal data may only be communicated to the person concerned.
Online administrative forms City of Luxembourg
Ville de Luxembourg provides on its website a multitude of online administrative forms. You only have to fill them quietly from your place, without leaving your home. A real time saving when we know how the bureaucracy can sometimes be long, numerous and difficult when one moves to a new country !
Thanks to this Internet service, the city makes available all types of documents to fill:
- Transport: annual subscription for the bus network, and authorization of collection for L-Kaart and City-Kaart services, card for access to free transport,
- Housing: request for rent for housing managed by the city, application for permission to build,
- administrative procedures with the Bierger Center such as formalities related to the detention of dogs, certificates of residence, birth certificates
- connection to city pipelines, reading of water meters,
- connection to district heating, solar installations,
- residential parking vignettes,
- school: exemption from school attendance,
- registration for sports activities “Sport for all” proposed by the city,
For each document, an explanatory sheet is also provided to guide you at best in your formalities and avoid errors.
Time gain, paper gain, displacement gain : what more ? If you don’t live in Luxembourg city, ask your Commune, they might have the same online services.
Need to translate official documents?