The Christmas Markets are coming to Luxembourg!
End of November means the beginning of the christmas markets. every year there are a number of classic, convival, gourmet, and often artisanal christmas markets in luxembourg. you will have seen that there are already a few wooden chalets installed here and there marking the beginning of the festivities!
Are you an expat or new arrival and would like to go along?
Here is Just Arrived’s list of the most beautiful markets in the capital.
In Luxembourg City the Christmas festivities are called “Winterlights”.
For more than a month the capital is adorned with a whole variety of Christmas decorations: light garlands, nativity scenes, illuminations, chalets, Christmas trees, … They go all out to make the town look warm and inviting!
There are also a number of fun activities for both residents and visitors: traditional Christmas markets, carousels, ice rink, big wheel, circus, concerts, street music, …
This will take place from 22nd November until 24th December 2016.
Which Christmas markets should you visit in Luxembourg?
They are located in different parts of town:
- La Place Armes: numerous chalets selling arts and crafts and Luxembourgish culinary specialities. There is also a carousel.
- La Place de Paris: will host the St Nicolas market every day, from 22nd November to 23 December.
- Le Puits Rouges: Christmas village with stands run by various associations and all proceeds go to charity. Open everyday from 23rd November to 24th December.
- Knuedler on Ice: from 22nd November to 8th January the traditional heated ice rink is on Place Guillaume in the heart of town. There are chalets around the rink selling food and drinks.
- La Place de la Constitution: also a number of chalets selling food and drink, arts and crafts, kids workshops, a carousel and a big wheel open from 23rd November to 24th December.